We chose to use drywall for our interior wall cladding for several reasons:
- Aesthetics: we wanted a smooth, bright, white surface with minimal texture to help make the interior of our house feel more spacious.
- Health: drywall has very few ingredients, no off-gassing and is a healthy solution for indoor air quality.
- Cost: drywall is one of the least expensive wall cladding materials available.
- Vapor Barrier: properly installed, drywall acts as a vapor barrier.
- No Cracking: we figured out a way to install our drywall without conventional taped and mudded seams, so the joints can flex in transit, if needed. We haven’t had any cracking problems!