Good morning everyone!
just a quick blog to say that it was 25 degrees outside this morning… and 47 degrees inside! It probably would have been warmer, but I accidentally left a window cracked and we had been gone for two days. it’s definitely time to start winterizing our house.
- hook up our Newport propane heater
- buy insulated window blinds (we’re looking at white cellular shades)
- place straw bales under the perimeter of the house
- plug in the heat tape at the hose supplying our house water (this was a freebie we got from Shane’s dad that he pulled off of a used camper trailer)
It’s warmed up nicely in just two hours with a small space heater though. And at night, who needs heat when you have a down comforter and a puppy?! (Shane’s out of town…)
- October is “buy nothing” month in Australia according to Sarah Wilson’s blog.
- 3 mules in Los Angeles celebrate simple living from Root Simple’s blog.