Well, if you’ve been reading our posts you’ll remember a discussion we were having about the back deck roof being angled or just a standard gable. We got quite a bit of feedback saying the angle would look great, and from a design perspective I liked how it would mimic the tapered roof we have going on over the gooseneck. So. Angling the roof added about two days of work (one day discussing it, and one day building it) but I really like the look.
Here’s the construction progression in three stages:
And a close-up of the angles (compound angles too…)
We spent all day today running errands, making phone calls, and attaching steel fenders / wheel wells. The ones on the used trailer we bought were totally mangled. Turns out that was a bigger bummer than we thought. These fenders cost $155 plus a days worth of work welding them onto the trailer. Here is an overall view of our tiny house on wheels showing the new front porch roof (the porch will be attached later):
TGIF… and we’re going away for our anniversary (our FIRST anniversary ever!) Sunday thru Tuesday so that’s exciting. We’re both torn about leaving in the middle of this project. But it’d probably be good to get away from it all and relax and celebrate for a few days. All work and no play… you know how that adage goes.